Providence Health & Services Supervisor Accounts Receivable HB *Telecommute - OR, WA* in Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Supervisor Accounts Receivable HB (Full-time, Days - Telecommute) to our location in Portland, OR.
Please Note: This is a telecommute position (work from home only).
We are seeking a Supervisor Accounts Receivable HB who will organize, plan, develop, direct, and control function of accounts receivable, including insurance balances.
Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and philosophy.
In this position you will:
Mission & Values:
- Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
- Demonstrates competency by placing a high priority on service to everyone encountered. Consistently shows the characteristic of service excellence.
- Demonstrates competency by maintaining positive, constructive interpersonal relationships, and by understanding and practicing the principles of effective teamwork.
- Protects confidential/private information related to patients, members, employees, and others.
Environment of Care/Infection Control/Safety:
Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities as outlined in Environment of
Care, Infection Control, and Exposure Control manuals and department safety policies/procedures. Consistently uses personal protective equipment as required and takes appropriate precautions whenever there is potential for contact with blood, body fluids, chemicals and/or other hazardous materials. Maintains knowledge of work-appropriate aspects of environment of care programs, complies with policies and reports unsafe conditions. Successfully completes Environment of Care Healthstream modules in the required timeframes and participates in fire drills and emergency exercises. May label, transport and store hazardous waste as described in annual training.
Attendance and Punctuality:
- Demonstrates performance by adhering to established policies and procedure and exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
Respect for Diversity:
- Demonstrates competency by knowing and applying the principles of an inclusive work environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5 years medical account collection experience.
Knowledge of all types of insurance plans (i.e. managed care, contracted, fee for service, third party liability.).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years supervisory experience.
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. ORC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Other Location(s): Washington, Oregon
Req ID: 301438