Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Administrative Assistant 3 - Health Care Services (HCS) to our location in Beaverton, OR. This position will be a hybrid model until further notice working a combination of in-office and remote. We are seeking candidates that are available within commutable distance to the office in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant 3 - Health Care Services (HCS) to provide administrative support for the Health Care Services department and direct admin support to the leadership team, including health plan medical directors, the health & wellness consultant, and four HCS managers. This position works closely with the CMO Executive Assistant and other HCS Asst-Admin 3 positions, providing backup coverage and cross-training for the various departments under Health Care Services. The specific departmental support includes the following functional areas: medical review, risk coding, case and disease management, clinical claims audit, health and wellness, and special projects as assigned. This position is responsible for the Medical Director’s SharePoint site, including design and maintenance. This position requires the ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects and staff needs in a time-sensitive and confidential manner. This position interacts with all levels of management and staff within HCS, PHP, and PSJH.
Completing a high volume of work requiring a high degree of attention to detail within a short time in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
Establishing effective work priorities, demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, and adaptability to changing needs and competing demands.
Interacting positively and professionally with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
Gaining and maintaining a thorough knowledge of the wide variety of subjects for which support services are provided.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Provides comprehensive administrative support to the leadership team; schedules meetings; maintains calendars; collects and distributes meeting materials, mail distribution, and ordering of office supplies.
• Composes correspondence, memos, agendas, minutes, presentations, and PowerPoints with little or no guidance. This may involve obtaining, organizing and planning suitable presentations and arranging print jobs and distribution.
• Designs and maintains department and teams’ SharePoint sites.
• Coordinates travel arrangements for medical directors, directors, managers, and staff.
• Coordinates with appropriate areas and IS on all issues related to telephones, computers, software, cubicle seating arrangements, and parking.
• Facilitates all purchase orders for office supplies and minor equipment. Maintains inventory and reordering system for department office supplies. Interfaces with maintenance and repair vendors for copier, fax, and other department equipment.
• Provides committee support for assigned committees, including agenda, minutes, and supporting documentation; collation and distribution of packets; maintenance of minutes binders. Attends meetings to record proceedings as requested.
• Meets/assists individuals who contact the department by phone or in person. Acts as a liaison by providing information and assistance as able or provides appropriate referrals without advice or direction.
• Recommends improvements in office support procedures and implements procedures when approved.
5 years of work experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in a health-related field.
4 years of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Teams) experience
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details — http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Other Location(s): Washington, Oregon
Req ID: 360465