Providence RN Residency - September 2021 in Walla Walla, Washington
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Resident ( Full Time (Nights), 0.90 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About our Residency Program:
Our Residency Program transitions new graduate nurses into practice emphasizing inter-professional, collaborative, and patient-centered care. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and classroom based learning, clinical simulation, skills development and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. Our Core Fundamentals program is designed to support new graduate professional development through their first year of practice.
Applicants who successfully meet the minimum and preferred requirements of the position will be sent a pre-screening video interview. Vitrual interviews will be determined following the completion of the video pre-screening. Residency start dates will start in September!
Resident opportunities may be available in the following departments:
• Float Pool
• Medical Acute
• Surgical Acute
• Nursing degree/diploma upon hire required
• All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years from date of hire required
• Active Washington State RN licensure required
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required. Additional unit-applicable certifications such ACLS, PALS, TNCC may also be required
• Graduation from an accredited nursing school and/or a recent graduate who has completed a pre-licensure nursing program, typically within the last 12 months required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN) preferred
• Certification in related specialty area preferred
• Unit specific Practicum and/or Nurse Extern experience preferred*
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Registered Nurse you provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. You are also accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
• Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
• Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
• Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
• Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
• Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
• Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Resident
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 297669