Providence Health & Services Respiratory Therapist in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist ( Respiratory Therapy , Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Accept and support the mission and values of Holy Family Hospital.
• Support the Performance Improvement process.
• Follow policies related to work attendance and dress code.
• Maintain a safe environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
• Considersindividual needs in communication with and assessment and treatment of patients and staff, including ethical, cultural, psychosocial, religious, and age-specific aspects, to include all ages.
• Support patient rights and the organization’s code of ethical behavior.
• Follow the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments & Compliance Integrity Program Employee Handbook and any other organizational or departmental materials related to compliance with laws and regulatory requirements.
• Assist with, or performs, according to scope of practice, a timely assessment of patients, according to policies, procedures, and protocols, taking into account age/developmental stage.
• Provide respiratory care for patients as requested by physicians in accordance with all policies, procedures, and protocols as outlined by the technical policy and procedure manual.
• Maintain and properly stores all equipment and supplies.
• Dispense and charges for all equipment and services utilized in patient care.
• Perform arterial blood draws and accurately receives and documents them in the lab computer system.
• Analyze capillary, venous, and arterial blood using established protocols.
• Keep abreast of the changing procedures and techniques of the Respiratory Care field.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate of an AMA approved school for Respiratory Therapy
Sufficient experience to enable the employee to work effectively in commonplace work situations and to provide a working knowledge of the principles, practices, standards, methods, and techniques of the Respiratory Care field
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year of Acute care experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Respiratory Therapists
Req ID: 241426