Providence Health & Services Patient Care Coordinator - Cardiology *$1,000 Sign-On Bonus* in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Patient Care Coordinator (Cardiology, Day Shift, Full Time) to Physician Management Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Offering a $1,000 sign on bonus to any new, external candidate hired into this position.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
• Customer Service: Maintains and promotes positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors, patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provides high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC.
• Communication: Promotes and demonstrates effective, open and honest written and verbal communication skills.
• Self Management: Demonstrates self-management behaviors, which reflect a positive image of PSHMC, following established policies and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work environment.
• Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrates good stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming.
• Flexibility: Demonstrates flexibility by readily adapting to different situations to complete work.
• Attends meetings such as staff meetings as required.
• Plans and organizes work to accomplish tasks.
• Applies knowledge of NWHLSA policies and procedures related to scheduling and front desk functions.
• Trains new and existing office staff as needed.
• Opens front desk daily (check voice mail for physician messages/instructions, PA & PT locate) call hospitals to confirm OR schedules, confirm PA & PT availability for cases, schedule staff lunch times, copy and distribute schedules, help OR staff troubleshoot problems with digital images as necessary.
• PA & Perfusion coordination of daily schedules, questions and or conflicts.
• Coordinate and/or cover other PC’s for sick, vacation, lunch or break as necessary.
• Ensures all aspects of patient privacy and confidentiality.
• Demonstrates understanding of patient registration and scheduling systems.
• Schedule new patient consults, surgical procedures (PSHMC, DMC, KMC, CWH), postoperative clinic visits, coordinate office visits with other providers, schedule and coordinate multiple visits with multiple providers for testing, office visits, etc.
• Schedule diagnostic studies (CT, MRI, PET, PFT, CT angio, etc).
• Patient recall including scheduling studies and or imaging, (facilitate and ensure physician review), scheduling recall office follow up, fax and/or send physician orders for studies; call results to patients.
• Send physician orders as necessary.
• Answer phones / backup telephone operator.
• Prepare and coordinate patient return to work letters.
• Surgery list and hospital list.
• Schedule and help facilitate personal appointments for physician.
• Rescheduling consults or surgical procedures when necessary due to emergencies or change in physician schedule and lengthy conversations consoling patients and families.
• Request records for office visits and or surgical procedures; review all records and on-line studies to ensure accuracy and completion of records prior to appointment to facilitate of appointment.
• Check in patients during assigned physician office clinic; collect co-pay, copy insurance cards, etc.
• Verify patient demographic and insurance information for accuracy to send to NWHL authorization and referral department.
• Register patient demographic information into computer system.
• Meeting registration, travel & hotel registration for CME.
• Assist assigned physician with on-line studies to include loading in computer system and support as necessary.
• Daily reminders of meetings, patient admissions, surgeries, misc appointments, etc.
• Wash dishes, clean kitchen, etc.
• Coordinate KMC deliveries; distribute KMC deliveries to Spokane departments including billing.
• Pleasant demeanor with patients and referring doctor offices.
• Organize “Good Night Stay” for patients at the Madison Inn.
• Patient instruction letters.
• Patient advocate.
• File charts, pull charts, locate charts.
• Research (find patients in hospital, find charts, research and locate prior test reports, surgical reports, etc.
• Preparation and distribution surgical packets (backup for MA when absent).
• Keep track of PA & Perfusionists at all times.
• Organize and call in crew to facilitate “acute” surgeries.
• Review and distribute email as necessary.
• Input PA and perfusion schedules in computer system.
• Input physician on call into computer system.
• Input meetings with staff, hospital staff, committee meetings, reps, etc into computer system.
• Coordinate PA’s to DC pacing wires, pull tubes, discharge, etc per physician request.
• Arrange social services and or interpreters for patients.
• Coordinate research projects with PSHMC research department.
• Distribute records from fax machine.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Acceptable references from former employer(s).
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
Medical secretarial course.
Meditech and MS office products.
Basic knowledge of general office equipment to include but not limited to copy machine, personal computer, and fax machine & scanner
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: 312171