Providence Health & Services Manager - Health Information Management & Referral in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Manager - Health Information Managment & Referral ( Day Shift, Fulltime, 1.0 FTE) to Physician Management Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
• Manage day to day department operations to ensure smooth operations, quickly resolves operational issues/problems as they are identified.
• Manage expectations and resolves problems related to ROI, document imaging and referrals.
• Research and resolve complaints and/or problems regarding such subjects as referral authorizations, lost charts, incomplete information, and inappropriate release of information and department operations.
• Interpret and monitor compliance with Medical Staff Bylaws, federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and PMG standards as they relate to medical records.
• Monitor staff productivity and quality to ensure system standards are met.
• Investigate potential breaches, document results of investigation, communicate results to staff to prevent future unauthorized disclosure of PHI.
• Ensure approval of employee time cards via KRONOS.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree/ College degree in Business or related field or equivalent education/experience
5 years managerial or supervisory experience required.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
Current RHIT credential preferred
5 years practice management experience; knowledge of ambulatory care, basic clinic procedures, schedule management, registration, and use of electronic medical record, patient flow, Lean, billing, referrals and authorizations.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Lead/Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 322948