Providence Health & Services Food Services Worker - Food and Nutrition Services (1.0 FTE, Days) Internal Only in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Food Services Worker (FSW) (Food and Nutrition Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Customer Service: Maintains and promotes positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors, patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provides high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC.
• Communication: Promotes and demonstrates effective, open and honest written and verbal communication skills.
• Self Management: Demonstrates self-management behaviors which reflect a positive image of PSHMC, following established policies and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work environment.
• Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrates good stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming.
• Flexibility: Demonstrates flexibility by readily adapting to different situations to complete work.
• Food Handling:
• Understands and applies knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point procedures.
• Records temperatures and assures foods are at proper holding temperatures. Takes corrective action if food does not meet standards.
• Follows procedure by wearing gloves when handling any food item and removes gloves before handling any non-food item.
• Returns unused items to specified areas; labels and dates all opened items.
• Promptly reports all food shortages to the appropriate manager.
• Dishes up food items according to established portion control standards.
• Properly identifies any potential food quality issues and takes appropriate corrective action.
• Pulls products using the FIFO (first in – first out) method.
• Can assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose appropriate course of action within the scope of the position.
• Makes good use of low activity time periods by taking on additional tasks.
• Attends to personal affairs so as not to interfere with work, keeps non-essential interruptions to a minimum.
• Assures work area is completely set up at the time of service.
• Informs appropriate production staff when quantities of specific food items are low to avoid shortage or running out of food.
• Caterer: Assures all catering guidelines with regard to service, set up and delivery timelines are met.
• Caterer: Takes inventory of food and supplies according to standards. Places order for items to avoid shortages according to procedure.
• Maintains equipment and work area at high degree of cleanliness, displaying a “clean as you go” philosophy.
• Uses accepted techniques in the handling and cleaning of equipment, dishes, and utensils.
• Follows proper Body Substance Isolation procedures.
• Removes soiled laundry and replaces the soiled bag with a clean bag.
• Caterer: Serves food according to procedure and in an appetizing manner.
• Caterer: Assures all linens are sent to Laundry after event according to procedures.
• When training a fellow employee, reports to the supervisor the training progress and identifies areas of concern and needs for additional training.
• Caterer: Can identify, setup and serve the variety of services provided. I.e. routine meetings; workshops, receptions, formal dinners, etc.
Required qualifications for this position include:
H.S. Diploma or GED
Current Food Handlers Card in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Food service experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service Attendant
Req ID: 240112