Providence Health & Services EEG Technician *$5000 Sign-On Bonus* in Spokane, Washington
Providence is offering a $5000 Sign-On Bonus to new, external EEG Technician hires! $2500 paid at start and $2500 paid after 1 year of employment!
Providence is calling a EEG Technician - ( Electro Neuro Diagnostics , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
Customer Service: Maintains and promotes positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors, patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provides high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC.
Communication: Promotes and demonstrates effective, open and honest written and verbal communication skills.
Self Management: Demonstrates self-management behaviors, which reflect a positive image of PSHMC, following established policies and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work environment.
Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrates good stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming.
Flexibility: Demonstrates flexibility by readily adapting to different situations to complete work.
Quality of Work:
• Anticipates needs of physician and patient during procedures.
• Monitors END recording during procedure as indicated by policy and test situation.
• Accurately calculates END data as required.
• Accurately completes paperwork including reports, complications and billing.
• Provides a safe and comfortable environment for patients.
• Checks patient wrist band, consent form, and physician’s order.
• Calibrates, observes test data, and controls the test environment to maintain accurate END equipment
• Maintains equipment in a clean and orderly manner, following manufacturer’s instructions.
• Accurately charts medications, vital signs and other pertinent information on the END study as per policy.
• Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
• Maintains stock levels of drugs, supplies and other equipment.
• Checks of emergency equipment daily.
• Completes assigned duties in a timely manner while maintaining quality and appropriateness.
• Assists other members of the Department as needed.
• Utilizes time between procedures for cleaning, stocking, or education.
• Compiles and submits reports and other information as requested.
• Assists in orientation and providing information to hospital staff and visitors as appropriate.
• Attends monthly conferences and appropriate classes as schedule permits.
Initiative / Judgment / Decision-Making:
• Consistently performs in an independent, professional manner with little supervision.
• Takes initiative to consistently work with peers to provide call coverage once call is assigned if unable to meet obligation (Techs responsibility).
• Recognizes and performs duties when not directly assigned.
• Remains flexible in re-establishing priorities in order to best meet the patient’s needs.
• Evaluates the situation, considers alternatives and chooses the appropriate course of action under pressure.
• Informs manager / supervisor in a timely manner, when problems arise.
• Provides oversight and supervision to student technologists.
• Participates in establishing objectives and long-range goals for the department.
• Provides inservices and training to all technical staff in multiple END testing modalities.
• Reviews and upgrades existing policies and procedures.
• Establishes new policies and procedures when indicated and according to national guidelines when available.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Successfully completed an accredited program in electroencephalogram (EEG) and is eligible for ASET/ABRET examination; or has successfully completed ASET/ABRET examination for R.EEGT, R.EPT or CNIM.
Documentation of experience in performance of multiple END tests
Video EEG experience
Acceptable references from former employer(s).
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Providence Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Endoscopy Techs
Req ID: 312287