Providence Health & Services Certified Nursing Assistant in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) ( Medical Oncology , Variable Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
• Perform ongoing observation of the patient’s condition and reports any changes or abnormal findings promptly to the RN.
• Monitor pain, provides comfort measures, and reports abnormal findings promptly to the RN.
• Consider age, developmental level, body size and preexisting conditions when performing basic activity of daily living care to assigned patients.
• Maintain a safe patient and staff environment. (i.e. Correct body mechanics or use of adaptive equipment when transferring patients, ensures drainage tubes are secure/intact).
• Monitor the patient in restraints for specified criteria and at specified time intervals and documents correctly on the restraint form.
• Provide specified nourishment to the correct patient and promptly notifies the RN of any changes or abnormal findings.
• Follow manufacturer’s instructions when using selected equipment, taking into account the patient’s size, preexisting conditions, and age. (i.e. BP cuffs, use of transfer belt).
• Use age appropriate communication techniques with patients and visitors.
• Completes assignments delegated by RN within specified time frames
Required qualifications for this position include:
Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure with the State of Washington
High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 241253