Providence Health & Services Clinical Informatics CareLink Specialist PSJH in Seattle, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Clinical Informatics CareLink Specialist PSJH to one of the following locations: Portland OR, Beaverton OR, Seattle WA, Renton WA, Everett WA, Olympia WA, Spokane WA, Richland WA, Missoula MT, Anchorage AK, Burbank CA, Anaheim CA, Torrance CA, or Lubbock TX.
We are seeking a Clinical Informatics CareLink Specialist PSJH to serve as a professional role model in promoting the understanding, integration, and application of information technology in healthcare settings. The CICS acts as a liaison between clinical care and information technology, between PSJH and external partner users, while supporting all staff members throughout the care continuum in the implementation, learning, use, adoption and optimization of clinical technologies.
The Clinical Informatics CareLink Specialist supports the analysis, design, implementation, evaluation, optimization and maintenance of clinical information applications and projects impacting the external partners of PSJH. The position requires team participation skills and excellent interdisciplinary collaboration delivered in a complex, highly stressful environment, skilled use of clinical information sciences, and fundamentals of project and change management.
The Clinical Informatics CareLink Specialist facilitates access to EpicCare Link for PSJH external partner users; including but not limited to managing requests, storing security documents, placing access requests to other PSJH system teams, providing training, creating internal and end user facing documentation, and troubleshooting issues users might experience in the use of EpicCare Link.
The Clinical Informatics CareLink Specialist performs all duties in a manner that reflects the Providence St. Joseph Health System mission, philosophy, and core values.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensures that workflow and training knowledge delivered is consistent with and accurately reflects informatics standards.
• Communicates technology changes, upgrades, and downtimes to customers.
• Effectively implements training programs, including providing instructor-led training, which support the successful adoption of clinical information systems into the patient care process. Coaches and provides one-on-one support to customers in gaining and maintaining competency in the use of EpicCare Link.
• Demonstrates effective interactions and positive interpersonal skills in dealing with others in order to maximize productivity and positive employee relations.
• Actively and efficiently engages with key leaders, teams and subject matter experts to collaborate on and influence the design and development of projects, curriculum and workflows for our external partners.
• Proven skills in communicating with clinical and technical customers. Ability to remain poised, patient, and respectful in difficult situations.
• Supports the Identification, analysis, prioritization, design, testing, and implementation of improvements to existing clinical information systems.
• Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills.
• Ability to work independtly and collaboratively with resources within and outside of the team to find creative and effective solutions to team and external partner needs.
• Responds and assists customers immediately upon request and follows up on previous interactions to ensure issue resolution or escalation with the dynamic nature of information systems.
• Able to effectively communicate to customers and is perceived as approachable.
• Works collaboratively with non-employed external partners representing the ‘Face and voice of PSJH IS’ in all situations including but not limited to; training, granting access, storing security agreements, performing access review, and supporting security reviews.
• Promotes highest attainable quality in the use and implementation of clinical information systems. Activities include but are not limited to: assessment, analysis and redesign of clinical workflows, reporting, training, testing, validation, engagement and change processes
• Stays current with regulatory standards, management and healthcare issues and trends, and legal implications.
• Remains engaged with clinical workflows to best support the use of EpicCare Link efficiently and promote changes to system build or template security when appropriate.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, projects, meetings and workshops.
• Frequently updates knowledge regarding health care trends, adult learning methodology and issues and actively seeks opportunities to apply this knowledge to practice.
• Performs challenging tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Anticipates problems and takes corrective action prior to completing the task.
• Sets challenging objectives and works against self-defined standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance.
• Maintains strong written and verbal communication.
• Demonstrated planning and time management skills.
• Demonstrates focused and active listening and communications skills when receiving and responding to requests for support.
• Skilled at time management, with proven ability to organize multiple efforts and to respond to shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree inClinical discipline, IT/Informatics, business, education, anagement, related field or equivalent education/experience.
Atleast 2 years in a clinical discipline, information technology/informatics, business, education, management, or related field.
Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Ability to build stong customer relationships.
Ability to represent the company with external customers/clients.
Ability to perform work effectively with minimal supervision.
Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
Demonstrates ability to be self-directed, collaborative, to escalate appropriately, to communicate clearly, and to learn quickly, with strong attention to detail.
Demonstrates identification and implementation of changes and improvements that accomplish long-range objectives.
Demonstrates ability to deliver training both in a one-on-one basis and in a group or classroom setting.
Demonstrates ability to be self-motivated, prioritize work and manage time effectively to complete assigned duties and proactively seeking new opportunities
Demonstrates working knowledge of adult learning theory; presentation development; use of relevant software applications; and instructional content expertise.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Clinical/Healthcare Informatics Certifications or Credentialing.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Other Location(s): California-Burbank, Oregon-Portland, Washington-Spokane, Washington-Everett, Washington-Renton, Montana-Missoula, Washington-Seattle, Alaska-Anchorage, California-Anaheim, California-Torrance, Washington-Olympia
Req ID: 243098