Providence Health & Services Sr Program Manager - Business Process Improvement & Modernization in Renton, Washington
Providence is calling a Sr Program Manager - Business Process Improvement & Modernization to one of our locations in the Seattle area, Portland, OR, or Irvine, CA.
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager who will focus on designing, analyzing and optimizing end-to-end processes within and between teams to streamline and automate processes while solving bottlenecks, promoting growth and leveraging new technologies. This role will lead efforts to assess, analyze, develop, deploy, and drive adoption of programs and initiatives that support operational improvements favoring Caregiver Experience, Delivery, Quality, and Cost. In partnership with Leadership, key stakeholders, subject matter experts across IS and other Providence areas in the organization; the Senior Program Manager should apply efficient strategies and tactics to solve systemic and acute issues, and in doing so, improves operations. Under the IS "Simplify, Modernize, and Innovate" guiding principles this position is responsible for providing advanced program leadership support to enable the Business of IS providing the most efficient and data driven structure to key business and operational process seeking to maximize line of sight, accountability and overall efficiency across IS Pillars and functions.
In executing strategic initiatives, the Program Manager acts as a change agent, leading through influence to ensure projects effectively move through phases of design, implementation and spread for realization of quantitative benefits. The position reports to the Executive Director of IS Strategy and Operations and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and leadership in IS and other Providence areas such as REH, Finance and Legal.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Leading system and operational process assessments and gap analyses, developing improvement plans, technical specifications, and change requests. Ensures, through the use of appropriate metrics and data, that quality standards are measured and that desired results are achieved.
• Drives change in coordination with key stakeholders and across project activities while developing and controlling segment or functional deadlines, budgets, and activities.
• Manages change and communication with stakeholders to ensure that improved programs, process and initiatives are socialized appropriately in throughout the assessment, development, deployment, and adoption phases.
• The role encompasses consultation, facilitation, project management, data analytics, operational improvement and process implementation for projects in partnership with IS senior leadership and stakeholders and across Providence business owner such as REH, Finance, and Legal.
• Serve as a central point of contact for a wide variety of process within and outside of IS to ensure alignment with stakeholders towards the EVP/CIO overarching vision and guiding principles.
• Communicate project and program outcomes to leadership teams and committees by drafting presentations, reports, and correspondence in support of strategic priorities.
• Present project and program risks, issues and key decisions to senior leadership and facilitate discussions for proper resolution with stakeholders. Ensure accountability by confirming that projects are well coordinated, completed on-time and stay on-budget.
• Establishing process improvement standards and/or procedures. Documenting procedures, creating training materials, writing functional tests & performing testing for any process change and related systems.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or Business Administration.
Coursework/Training Lean /Six Sigma certifications and experience or equivalent education/experience.
10 or more years, 5-10 years experience on business process improvement and change management
10 or more years in change Management, Lean or Six Sigma.
Six Sigma/Lean certification- upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Coursework/Training in Project Management.
Project Managementupon hire.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management (Non-Clinical)
Other Location(s): Oregon-Portland, California, Oregon, Washington-Redmond, Washington-Seattle, Washington, California-Irvine
Req ID: 312706