Providence Health & Services Chief Financial Officer, Ambulatory Care Network in Renton, Washington
Providence is calling a Chief Financial Officer, Ambulatory Care Network to Providence Health System Office in Renton, WA.
The CFO has broad accountability for developing the system wide Ambulatory Care financial reporting and management functions within Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH). The CFO provides leadership in developing both short and long-term strategic financial plans and new growth opportunities. This position has oversight responsibility for operational and financial performance, operating margin targets, budgets, capital planning, and revenue integrity and optimization. This position interacts and strategically plans for the financial success through the System and Regional Executive Leadership teams.
In this position you will:
Financial Strategy and Governance
Serves as a transformational leader and member of the Ambulatory Care senior leadership team; working collaboratively to achieve strategic and operational goals as outlined in the integrated strategic and financial plan and as directed by the CFO, Operations and the Chief Executive - Ambulatory Network Division.
Leads the formation, development and management of an integrated ambulatory network strategy at both the system and regional levels; including a multi-year growth and investment plan to maximize the value of ambulatory assets across the health system.
Collaborates in the development of strategies including areas such as finance, operations, payor relationships, clinical services, organic/inorganic growth and the translation of those strategies into effective business plans and objectives.
Collaborate in supporting evaluation of strategic opportunities like joint ventures, acquisitions, new co., etc.
Financial Management and Operations
Create and lead Division Finance team(s) to meet the short term and long term needs of the organization
Oversees the development of budget and long-range planning process for the division including volumes, revenues and expenses.
Develop annual and long term capital plan for Ambulatory Care division to support and deliver on the overall Ambulatory Care Division growth strategy
Review and report on monthly financial statements and variances for the division.
Ensure system capital process aligns with Ambulatory Care Division priorities, including serving as representative on the CSIC.
Oversees development of consistent and actionable financial reporting that drives incremental improvement in performance and value to the consumer.
Navigates senior level relationships within a complex, relationship-based organization; utilizing direct and indirect influence to improve alignment, management, and performance of assets.
Coordinates activities with physicians, third party payors, staff, consumers and others on a regular basis to assure that work flows efficiently and effectively; and key stakeholders are satisfied with performance and services.
Represents Providence St. Joseph Health, the EVP Ambulatory Care, and the Ambulatory Network Division to governing boards, senior executives and professional groups both within and outside the organization.
Leads and develops high-performing teams and serves as a role model, directly supervising and developing talent within the organization and cultivating engagement.
Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence Health & Services. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• The position requires the equivalent of Bachelor's degree in business, health care or a related field. A master's degree or equivalent experience is required.
• 15 years of strategic Finance Experience working in dynamic, high growth organizations.
• 5 years’ experience working as part of a large, multi-product/multi-market, geographically dispersed organization.
• Experience in developing financial plans and performing due diligence for mergers / acquisitions and other transactions strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of emerging issues and changing trends within the industry that may affect the organization; and ability to develop comprehensive recommendations that include the engagement of consumers relating to new products and services.
• Experience negotiating deals and transactions that grow the scope and profitability of an organization.
• Able to skillfully gather and analyze information, apply independent judgment in making decisions, take action in a timely manner, and lead transformation through others.
• Skilled at using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and communication tools to effectively communicate, manage, and drive change within the organization.
• Healthcare experience in roles representing a broad range of experience across virtual, retail, ambulatory, inpatient delivery and health plans preferred.
• Experience working in collaboration with joint venture and physicians to deliver demonstrated success in achieving strategic goals is strongly preferred.
• Experience related to not-for-profit and religious-based organizations is desirable.
• Knowledge of health care (virtual, retail, ambulatory, inpatient, health plan) strategies, economics, technologies and terminologies; including regional nuances and where industry segments complement and overlap.
• Knowledge of changing trends in the delivery of virtual, retail and ambulatory services, and the ability to report on emerging issues that may affect the organization.
• In depth knowledge of healthcare financing, including: reimbursement, billing and collection service with in-depth knowledge of primary care, specialty care, ambulatory services.
• Ability to travel extensively for the role is required.
ABOUT PROVIDENCE ST. JOSEPH HEALTH
In 1912, a small group of Sisters of St. Joseph landed on the rugged shores of Eureka, Calif., to provide education and health care. The ministry later established roots in Orange, California and expanded to serve Southern California, the California High Desert, Northern California and Texas. The health system established many key partnerships, including a merger between Lubbock Methodist Hospital System and St. Mary Hospital to form Covenant Health in Lubbock Texas. Recently, an affiliation was established with Hoag Health to increase access to services in Orange County, California.
At present, the Providence St. Joseph Health family includes:
• Providence Health & Services
• St. Joseph Health System
• Covenant Health in Texas
• Facey Medical Foundation in California
• Hoag Memorial Presbyterian in California
• Kadlec in Washington
• Pacific Medical Centers in Washington
• Swedish Health Services in Washington
For more information about Providence St. Joseph Health, visit www.psjhealth.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 200723