Providence Health & Services Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation in Olympia, Washington
Providence is calling a Exercise Physiologist (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) in Cardiac Rehabilitation to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
The Exercise Physiologist is responsible for assisting in the operation of the exercise and education portion of the Cardiopulmonary Rehab program. Responsibilities include assisting in the development of exercise programs for cardiac patients, developing and teaching education classes for Cardiac Rehab and the community..
In this position you will:
•Performs pulmonary rehab tasks on an as needed basis:
• Maintains competency in performing pulmonary rehab tasks consistent with training provided.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to monitor Pulmonary Rehab patient’s exercise program on a one to one basis.
•Plays an active role in community prevention programs:
• Participates in primary and secondary prevention committees to improve the health and well-being of the community.
• Performs lectures and seminars for community education programs.
•Attends at least one continuing education experience during the appraisal year, either in-house or an outside offering:
• Continues professional learning and development.
•Provides care appropriate to the patient population:
• Adjusts programs to the age-related needs of the patient.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to specific issues and data reflective of the members/patient’s status.
•Identifies role and responsibility in complying with facility and unit specific safety and security policies, plans and procedures:
• Ability to state the evacuation routes in case of fires.
• Ability to state fire plan and name location of fire information.
• Attend annual safety education and training.
• Identifies potential or actual unsafe situations in patient or office environment, providing appropriate interventions to rectify situation.
• Addresses safety needs as part of Health Instructor role, communicating as appropriate, with all members of the healthcare team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
BLS/CPR certification is required.
Three years’ experience working with the public.
Personal experience in weight training, sports or recreational activities and understanding of exercise physiology, weight-training principles, nutrition, aging, injury treatment and prevention, and blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring are required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
ACSM certification is recommended.
Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology or equivalent is required.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: 301674