Providence Health & Services Vascular Ultrasound Technologist - Imaging Services in Everett, Washington
Providence is calling a Vascular Technologist (Per diem, Day shift) in Imaging Services at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Please Complete this step.
The Vascular Technologist independently performs diagnostic vascular ultrasound procedures on pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Performs procedures under the direction of a Radiologist.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrates age specific patient care considerations for the population served:
• Demonstrates application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PEMC age specific care competency assessment tool.
- Performs cerebral, vascular, transcranial, and peripheral venous or arterial duplex ultrasound examinations including small parts by producing small parts by producing appropriate images on pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients:
• Performs all required exams.
• Understands functional software on machine.
• Completes exams according to established department protocols and guidelines.
• Seeks input from radiologist when appropriate.
- Reconstructs and films exams in a timely manner to provide accurate avenues for diagnosis. Prepares films for file room and/or hangs film on viewers for timely review by Radiologist:
• All clinical and billing date is accurate, completed and submitted as required.
• Film transmission or hanging for interpretation by Radiologist is completed timely and properly.
- Assists Radiologist in performing surgical procedures:
• Procedures are performed effectively and efficiently following established protocols.
- Interacts with patients and families:
• Greets and orients patient and families appropriately.
• Obtains patient history and other information when appropriate.
• Procedures are explained and questions responded to when appropriate.
• Employee contributes to the success of satisfactory patient satisfaction scores.
• Uses appropriate scripting in work area.
Associate degree or two (2) year technical program or the equivalent combination of education and directly related work experience
Completion of an approved vascular ultrasound technology training program
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or ARDMS eligible. If ARDMS eligible:
Must have gone to an approved ultrasound school or training program
Must take and pass the ARDMS in one (1) or more specialties within ninety (90) days of hire
Failure to take and pass in one (1) specialty will result in termination or probationary release
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) certification
Valid Healthcare Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card
Knowledge of medical terminology and sterile techniques
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only two hours north.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Cardiopulmonary Techs (Cath, EP and Other)
Req ID: 299897